Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Another Milestone!

Yay! Our caseworker got all of our information turned into the state for approval, so we really are in that waiting process now. Wow! It was so weird when I told Ben because it all hit me that we could be parents as soon as November. It all comes down to timing now.


So aside from all the adoption stuff, here's what Ben and I have been up to. Ben had a crazy busy week last week! He coaches little league hockey on Monday and Tuesday nights. On Wednesday night he spent time with our church youth group all night. On Thursday we helped our good friends move, and then on Friday Ben headed out to a weekend campout with the boys at church. Haha! Ben is so not your outdoors kind of guy. They were supposed to go up to some peak and be able to reflect light off these mirrors that they made to other youth groups on different mountain peaks. It's some unity building activity. Ben couldn't find the right spot to be, even with a GPS! Oh, my bad, he couldn't use the GPS because he couldn't figure out how to turn it on. My poor husband. They gave up after two hours and headed back. Ben always gets sick after campouts, probably because he eats crap and doesn't sleep. Needless to say he was throwing up with a migraine Saturday night. He was a trooper though!


I had an exciting event last week. I got to record a training video for Petsmart. It's my third acting job this year. I was a dog groomer, and all they had for me was an extra large smock. It looked like I was wearing a dress. It was great, though. Who wouldn't take $500 for a couple hours of work?! Other than that, I've just been plugging through the rest of school. Only a week and a half left until fall break! Holla!!! We're planning on taking a trip to Las Vegas for fall break and seeing Cirque Du Soleil or another fun show. Of course we'll take our try at Megabucks!

So that's the scoop! Hopefully we'll continue to have good news along the way. We'll also keep you updated on our lives as we wait and hope. =)

1 comment:

  1. We are soo excited for you guys!! You will be awesome parents! :) Best wishes.

    Maryann and Patrick Potter

    ReplyDelete