Thursday, January 21, 2010

Welcome Home Baby Braelyn!

And here she is!!! Yes, baby girl is actually sitting in our living room chilling in her little bouncer seat. Can you believe it?! She is actually home after 3 1/2 weeks of making friends with all the nurses in the nursery. She was the most popular baby there. All the nurses loved her so much and were constantly passing her around. She got such special treatment. How could you not love such a sweet face as little Braelyn's?!

I love this funky little smile she has going on in this picture. She has these adorable little smirks that just make me laugh. She is going to have such a funny personality!



Our sweet little angel just sleeping away. When she's quiet she's really quiet, but when she's loud she's REALLY LOUD!



Our caseworker signing papers for our official discharge. Did we really pass the parenting test?! Are you sure we're ready?! Just kidding, we've been waiting a long time to bring her home. I wouldn't wait another minute.



Does it look like she doesn't want to come home to you?! Look at that sad little face! What a cry!

But in the end, she LOVED her car seat and slept the entire ride home. She even slept long enough for Ben and I to run through the drive thru of Chick-fil-a and get a well deserved cookies n' cream milkshake. The best!


He's a natural! Ben's looking forward to building up those sexy arm muscles of his when he has to lug around this carseat all the time. I know I won't mind the extra definition. =)

And thank you a million times to our wonderful caseworker Hannah! She made everything possible for us to adopt our sweet and precious little miracle. This truly has been an amazing experience for us. We couldn't have asked for anything different. Braelyn is the most special thing that has happened to us in our lives. She was meant to be with us, and we will make sure to always let her know just how special she is.

Thanks to everyone that has offered help and has shown excitement for our family. It's refreshing to know that we have such caring friends. We only hope that we can repay everyone for all of their kindness and support.

God provides miracles for everyone . . . it's just a matter of opening your heart to accepting them. We truly have been given a miracle, a perfect miracle!

10 comments:

  1. Oh she's so gorgeous!!! We can't wait to meet her!!! It's all so absolutely amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I am so excited to hear that she is home at last! She is just so adorable! Keep taking pics of her little smirks- it's too cute. How did big brother Sancho do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your not getting tired of my comments but I can't help it, she is adorable. I'm so glad she's home with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray!!!! I am so happy that she's finally home! What a beautiful baby she is and I know she's going to feel so much better just being home! We love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yaaaay! I cant wait to hold that sweet baby again...even if she screams in my face. Let me know when you want some company!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad she is where she belongs. I am available for visits :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone for your comments! No, I never get sick of them, Ellen! =) And Sancho is being a very good big brother. He is a little jealous, though. He likes to be right up in the action. Jeanne, come over any time!!! Seriously, I mean it. Your swing and bouncy seat are saving me. She loves them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my gosh Brielle she is a doll! literally just a cute little doll!! congrats! yay a new proud mommy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah! How exciting for you two! I am sure you will be a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Brielle! I saw a link for your blog on someone else's and just HAD to see your cute little girl. She is so beautiful. I am so happy for your cute family to have such a blessing. I was really overwhelmed as I read through some of your posts on the process. It is a perfect read for mothers day especially! I hope you have had a wonderful mother's day!

    ReplyDelete