Sunday, January 31, 2010

Almost Five Weeks Old . . . Time Flies!

Life with Braelyn has been so much fun! I am definitely adjusting to life as a mom, and I am quickly realizing that you can only plan one to two tasks that you would like to get done each day. I've learned that it takes at least three hours to get one load of laundry done, at least three sittings to finish eating any meal, and at least three times of repeating the DVR to grasp even half of what any show was about. I love it, though!!! We are having lots of fun hanging out together.

I've always said that I don't want to be a "stay at home mom", but rather a "stay with my child" mom. Meaning, I like to be out and about. I want my children to have as many outside experiences as they can. I don't want to be cooped up in the house all day and afraid to venture out with my children. I'll have to say that it is quite scary making that first break out in public with a baby that you don't quite know their schedule, if they're going to be fussy, or when and where they will want to sleep. However, Braelyn and I were successful in our first outing! I took her to the school to turn in midterm grades and all the students ooed and awwed over her. I then met some friends (all pregnant with future friends of Braelyn's) for lunch. I had my first experience of using a public changing table . . . gross! Since then I've been to Wally World, Target, Petco, and the drive through of Chick-fil-a to get a well needed cookies and cream shake. Adventure after adventure!

Here are some of my favorite pictures of Braelyn over the last few days. I can't stop taking pictures of her because I think she is just so stinking adorable! I love the few pictures where I can actually catch her smiling. She's doing a lot more of that lately.


She's such a little fashionista, especially with her little pink sneakers!



As always, Sancho is always in on the action . . . whatever is going on, he is right there!



Her cute little sleeping pose. She fell asleep on the little Boppy pillow on my lap. She stayed this way for over an hour. Thanks Julee for the adorable bows!!!





All ready for bed in her cozy sleeper. Thanks Mom, she loves being bundled at night. She knows it's time for bed when she puts on Grandma's jammies!


Bath time = not fun!

My favorite part of the day is kissing her little cheeks after her bath. She smells so sweet!



A little smile in this one. Those faces are so priceless. We love you little Braelyn!

10 comments:

  1. The first smiles are the best!!! SOOOO CUTE! I love how sancho is so protective!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful girl, I'm glad everything is going so well! Courtney told me you were coming to Utah. I'd love to see you if you have any free time, but I know you will be in high demand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya about not being cooped up! I got cabin fever after Jake was born! You seem like your adjusting so well and I wish Jake and I could come visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brielle!!! She is sooooo adorable!!! I bet its so fun being a mom to such a sweet girl. I am soooo happy for you guys. THANK YOU sooo much for the outfit. Brooks looks Adorable in them. We need to get over there and see you guys... until then, tank you and congrats

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew that was a Julee special before you even said. Sh is precious..when can I see her again??

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is amazing isn't it? She's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is adorable! I knew that Julee bow too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're a mom!.. holy cow! She is such a sweetie pie. You are looking so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG!! She is so cute and I love all her beautiful outfits! Congratulations again Brielle, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Brielle, she is just tooooo cute!!!!! And you are the cutest mommy! I love how you say "stay with my child" mom...you are so cute! ;)
    And glad you love the bows. :) I love her little flower one! :)

    ReplyDelete