Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Quick Update

Braelyn is doing really well so far. She has done much better than they anticipated, and the doctors think that she will possibly be able to come home this weekend. I am so excited to finally bring her home. She is just so stinking cute!

I have gone back to work for this week. I figure that it would be pretty pointless just sitting home waiting. It gets my mind off of worrying about Braelyn all day, and then I can use my full maternity leave to just spend time with her when she comes home. My students were really surprised to see me, but in a good way! They don't respond to well to substitutes. =) They were really cute, though, when I came back. I showed off pictures and they just thought that Braelyn was adorable. It's nice to come back to work and know that I have a six week break coming up real soon.

Everyday after work I have been stopping off at the hospital to see Braelyn. All of the nurses are so nice. I show up just in time to feed her, and then I just rock her for an hour or so until Ben comes. He sure has learned the skills of daddyhood really quickly. He's got the football hold down packed.

Thanks to everyone that has fasted and prayed for our family. We appreciate all the care and concern. We know that you all are a huge part as to why Braelyn is doing so well. We'll keep everyone updated on when she comes home. I'm anxious to use all the cute outfits that friends have given me!!!

6 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your little cutie is doing so well- we'll keep praying for a speedy release from the hospital! Love you guys...

    ReplyDelete
  2. we will continue to pray she comes home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you know Timmy & I can't wait to finally meet her!!!! She's so gorgeous.... and I have more clothes!!! =) Sancho will be happy to meet her too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yay! I hope she keeps progressing like this. What great news! I really can't wait to see her!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad to hear the good news. I can't wait to have a turn to hold her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So exciting! What an experience...whew! Can't wait to hold her also!

    ReplyDelete