Thursday, April 19, 2012

Summertime . . . I Mean HOT April Fun!

Yes, I know that it isn't quite summertime yet, but have you looked at the temperature?! Holy moly it's almost 100 and it's only mid April. Now I'm the first to say that I LOVE summers here in Arizona. Just stick me in a swimsuit and throw me in the pool. I'm happy. But, four months is long enough. We don't need to start that quite yet! We haven't gone to the pool yet, but we've found lots of other fun things to do.
We finally busted out the apron Grandma Melene gave Braelyn and I've been teaching her some mad baking skills. Cupcakes, cookies, and banana bread are our favorites!

I snagged a great deal on a bowling Groupon which Braelyn loves. I love the cute shoes she gets to wear!

We go out for frozen yogurt at least every other week after mom's boring shopping trips.
Can you tell she loves it?
Nah!

We've been to the Mesa Children's Museum where Braelyn discovered the hand or head puppets.

We still hit up the parks in the mornings and late afternoons. From the moment this kid wakes up in the morning or after naps she's asking, "Can we go to the park?!" Her new thing is to either push her toy stroller with her baby doll or ride her scooter. Either way we're looking at at least 30 minutes to get to the park which is a block away. Patience!

We opened up the Christmas Playdough from Grandma Kaye.
Braelyn is obsessed. Me, not so much. I HATE Playdough!
But I love my kid so I do it anyway!

I've been hiking a lot with a good friend of mine. One Saturday I actually talked Ben into going with Braelyn and me.
We're pros!
She loved having her daddy come with us.

And of course we go to the zoo all the time. I've definitely gotten my money's worth and sanity's worth out of my season pass.
Brushing the stinky ugly goats. If only she knew better and I could avoid the petting zoo part. Oh well.
Playing at her favorite farm playground with her bestie Drew!
Riding in the safari car in the "Jungle of Uco".
Loving the splash pad at the zoo! The first time we busted out her swimsuit this year. Now she wants to put it on everyday.
I love this picture! She was having so much fun jumping and splashing in the little stream. What a cutie!

So I guess it looks like it's gonna be a looooong summer, but at least we're making the best of it thus far. Bring on the sun and bring on the water! We're ready!

Oh and last but not least, we're just watching this baby GROW. Braelyn loves hugging and kissing my belly. Every time I pick her up she says, "I be careful with mommy's baby." She'll be such a good big sister. Besides our name dilemma, everything is going swell.
22 weeks
23 weeks
24 weeks, which means only 16 weeks left!

1 comment:

  1. Those 16 weeks are gonna fly! I miss running into you in Anthem, but glad to see your posts and hear about you from Katie. We are members at the zoo too, so if you want to meet up, we are always game :)

    ReplyDelete