Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Movin' Along . . .

We're just truckin' along out here in good old AZ. We're enjoying the weather, our friends, and each other. Uh oh, you know what that means?! Once everything feels too good to be true, you get slammed with something crazy. Let's hope we can avoid that scenario for a few more months. I think I can get used to this kind of chill life at least until a new baby gets here.

Wait, I lied. There is one thing going on around here that might just drive me into a psych ward. Two hideous, awful, dreadful, dooming words: POTTY TRAINING! Every mother should receive a medal of courage for this accomplishment. Seriously, we've been trying everything. I think we've finally made a break through though. Thank you Minnie Mouse, Princess Tiana, and Dora panties. I owe you my sanity! Braelyn loves you and hates to "make you sad".

This was "pantless potty training day" and I'll have to say after two days of this she started getting into the groove of it. In fact she never peed on anything but the potty. Yay!
We've been bribing her with all kinds of chocolate and candy. I'm creating a diabetic monster!

Besides potty training, we have been having a blast. We got to celebrate Drew's 2nd birthday at the train park! Love those besties together.
Going for a touchdown . . . cracker, baby, football in all!
The kids loved riding the train.
Drew got a kick out of having Braelyn sit on his lap. I'm okay with this, but only for a few more years.
She begged and begged to ride on the carousel, then screamed once it started, and then didn't want to get off when it ended. Can we say indecisive?

We also got to visit our families up in Utah. We were sad to see Ben's grandpa pass away, but we know that he is happily watching over us. We love you Grandpa Dale!
It was a wonderful ceremony and so fun to see all the family.
Braelyn got lots of time with Grandma and Grandpa. We got spoiled going out to lunch, bowling, and to the museum.
Braelyn finally conquered her fear of snow and found out that it is actually quite delicious as long as it is "white" snow.
Sledding was a highlight!

We finally got a zoo pass, and that has been a blast. Play dates at the zoo are definitely a winner.

Another cute friend of Braelyn's. I love that there are so many kids her age to play with.

Some more random pics:
Busting out some finger paints from our favorite aunt Courtney.
Dressing up as a diva in mom's shoes and dad's tie. Great combo!

And last of all I guess I should post some preggo pics since I'll be looking back at this someday. The bump has finally come!
16 weeks.
18 weeks.

Well time has been flying by and we have much more to come very soon. Some things to look forward to in the near future:
1) My parents are coming to visit.
2) Ben and I are going on a much needed weekend cruise!
3) We're making our yearly trip to Vegas to meet up with Ben's parents.
4) My favorite . . . summer swimming is almost here!

1 comment:

  1. Holy crap Brielle! Your bump is too cute!! And Braelyn suddenly looks WAY older. Have fun on your cruise...I will expect a full review when you guys get back. :)

    ReplyDelete