Thursday, March 29, 2012

Cruisin'!

Ahhh, doesn't it sound so nice to just be laying out by the pool with just your hubby and a good set of friends relaxing under the sun with no worries and no cares?! Wait, let me add after months of potty training doesn't that sound nice? Imagine just being on a luxury cruise ship sailing off to the most tropical and remote parts of Mexico where you can zip line, snorkel, parasail, etc. What a dream! Well, Ben and I just returned from our cruise to Ensenada, Mexico and this is NOT how it was!!! Although we had a blast, nature, nausea, and our shallow wallets played a few unexpected tricks on us.

First of all, we did not splurge on luxury! We splurged on Carnival which is the Vegas of cruise ships. Although Ben and Bryan sure liked that aspect.

Ben swooning the girls at karaoke. He chose the heart throbbing Enrique Iglesias song "Bailamos".

With all the women screaming his name, I had to stake my claim on him!

Next, our dreams of 80 degree poolside weather turned into a cold rainy mess. Our visions of a tropical snorkeling excursion were replaced with a misty day of swap meet shopping. I did score some yummy Mexican vanilla! Watch out for my next batch of cupcakes!
Adventuring at the famous blowhole in Ensenada. Just pretend that there is a magnificently jaw dropping splash of water shooting up behind us.
It was cold!
And we were beat by the time the excursion was over. We're such sleeping beauties.

Lastly, between two pregnant ladies and the ship rocking like a see saw nausea was at its peak. I can't complain much. I mostly just had a headache, but poor Katie spent almost a day in bed after barfing at the gym and in the elevator. Hahahaha! Sorry Katie, but it sure was entertaining.
Don't you just feel so bad for her?! Poor Katie!!! She's a trooper, though. Before the cruise was even over she was talking about the next one we could go on.

Even with the setbacks, we had a BLAST! There's nothing like spending the weekend with a great set of friends. Thanks for the fun trip Knueppel's!!!
Our "fancy" dinner on the boat.
On our way home to reality . . . why do we look so happy???

I do have to say thank you to my wonderful parents for watching Braelyn while I spent some much need rest and relaxation with Ben. She definitely got spoiled. Grandma and grandpa paid attention to her every waking hour, fed her ice cream every night (admittedly my mom said this was to get her to sleep longer in the mornings. Full tummy = late riser), and took her to every park in the neighborhood. Oh, and my mom helped me with the last stretch of potty training. In fact she made it know to both my older brother and me that she will NEVER again babysit any of our children in the middle of potty training. Hahahahaha!

I also got to spend some time with my parents before we went cruising. We went to the Phoenix zoo and grandpa paid for Braelyn and me to ride a camel. Two words: they stink!


My mom and I also got to visit my cousin on his mission here in Gilbert.
We stuffed their bellies full at lunch and then took them for ice cream. Missionaries sure can pack it in!

I miss my family already. I can't wait to spend a few weeks with them in the summer and avoid the Phoenix oven for a short time. Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment