Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I Love Groupons!

I got this groupon over the weekend to DeWitt Stables where they have a pumpkin patch, hayrides, and a little petting zoo. It only cost $5 for the whole family to go. Score! We had such a blast. Braelyn could hardly be torn away from the petting zoo once it was time to leave. Can I also just say that I am loving the fall weather. Okay, so it hasn't quite stuck around, but I'm sure it will be back . . . soon . . . I hope.

"Can I please have this pumpkin? Please?!" Just look at that face? Can I tell her no? Well, I didn't exactly say "no" to the three dollar pumpkin. I just waited until she became disinterest. Mom - 1, Overpriced Pumpkin Patch - 0!
Loving me some Braelyn Boo!

Braelyn surprised me and was really interested in the horses. Usually large out of the ordinary things freak her out, but she was totally petting the horses right on the nose. Okay, so maybe the horse didn't make it in this picture, but I promise she was petting it!
 There's the horse! Behind us. I told you there was one. =)


And she even sat on the miniature horse for a picture. I'm telling you, this is a milestone! Okay, can I tell you what a ripoff this picture was?! I have to confess I bought the upgraded groupon for $9 that included a family picture. I was thinking "professional, sitting on hay bales, cute family picture". Nope, this totally antisocial girl stuck Braelyn on the horse and snapped a photo with her digital camera while she kept saying to Braelyn, "Um, can you look at the camera?" Then she printed it off and handed it to us without saying another word. Ummm . . . thanks. I could have done that.


So originally I put Braelyn on this ride by herself. I though it was just going to circle the corral. She started crying so the driver said since I was small enough (not sure how to take that) I could ride with her. So I hop in and it turns out the ride went all around the stables and pumpkin patch. Haha! If I would have sent Braelyn alone, I don't think she would have made it back. She probably would have jumped out somewhere along the pumpkin patch. I'm such a good mom.


Braelyn's favorite was the petting zoo. She kept trying to put this hat on the chickens. I'm seriously laughing out loud right now remembering this hat. First of all, we have no idea whose it is. With that said, if I were a good mom, I probably should not have let Braelyn put it on . . . not too sanitary. So I guess I'll recant that previous "I'm such a good mom statement". Second of all, when Braelyn was finally over playing with it, Ben set it down next to him on the hay bale he was sitting on. Before you know it, the goat jumped up next to Ben and started eating the hat. Ben had to rip it out of the goat's mouth. He then carefully returned the hat where we found it as good as new . . . with a huge hole . . . from a hungry goat.


 
And finally we made our way over to the lasso station. Ben was practicing some mad skills on the fake bulls. He actually roped two of them. What a stud. Anyway, the next thing we hear is, "Eww yucky boogers!" We turn around to find Braelyn with both her fingers in the bull's nostrils. Haha! I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment