Friday, May 27, 2011

Summer's Here!

We've been having so much fun lately and I am LOVING the warm sun! I wait for those 100 degree days so I can play in the pool and watch Braelyn run around in her cute little swimsuits. 

We've had an eventful few weeks of celebrating Ben's 30th birthday (yep, that's right the big 3-0), flying out to San Antonio for my brother's dental school graduation, and of course loving the pool.


We had to make Ben's favorite chocolate chip cookies for his big day. Braelyn helped me with the ingredients. Apparently she thought Chex cereal and Sancho's leash would go well in the batter.

The best part of making cookies is licking the beaters!



After the cookies were done, we spent some birthday fun at the swimming pool. I think we all need to work on our tans, except Braelyn. That girl is dark!

 She sure loves the swimming pool!



This is my favorite swimsuit! She seems so dainty when she prances around in her little tutu. It fits her personality perfectly because she doesn't like to get too wet or wild in the water. She's turning out to be a little prissy. I better gear up for those teenage years!



The steal of the year! I found this adorable playhouse at a garage sale. There are two parts to the house and it comes with a sink, oven, washing machine, baby changing table, and cradle. She loves playing with it! Her favorite things to do are pretending to wash her hands in the sink, knocking on the door and then saying, "boo!", and rocking her baby in the cradle.

She's baking cookies in her oven. After she put them in and closed the oven door she said, "hot hot!" and wouldn't take them back out. I don't let her touch the real oven, so I think she was a little confused!



Best buds sharing a ride together!



It was so fun to see my grandparents in San Antonio! They flew out from Georgia to attend Taylor's graduation. I haven't seen them for over a year and they hadn't met Braelyn yet. Thank you so much for coming Papa and Grandma!

Braelyn loves her "La La!" which is Landon. Landon loved playing with Braelyn all weekend and I enjoyed getting a little break while he was around. I love this picture where she just has her little hand on his shoulder.

Congratulations Taylor . . . uh I mean Doctor Taylor!!! We are so proud of you! I can't believe your done with FOUR YEARS of dental school. Now another three years and you'll be a prosthodontist. What a smarty pants!

It was a long day at graduation and Braelyn just couldn't take it any longer. Her poor little head starting bobbing up and down during dinner and then landed smack on the table. I could see it coming and slipped a blanket on the edge of the table before she was completely out. She stayed this way for about twenty minutes. Poor little pooper was tapped out!

That is until dessert came! This kid is all over ice cream. She's just like her mama!



Braelyn was such a good little traveler. This is how happy she was at 11 o'clock at night when our plane was delayed an hour and a half in Denver. The people at the airport couldn't get enough of her. She was saying "hi!" to everyone she saw.



I guess our new little hobby is baking cookies together. She gets so darn excited when I ask her if she wants to make cookies. I end up freezing more than half the batch because there is no way we can eat them all, but they're just so fun to make with her. She's my little baking partner.

Our family is loving our life together. I feel so blessed lately to have such a wonderful husband and beautifully healthy little daughter. We couldn't ask for more!

Oh and on a side note, I guess we should officially announce that we are moving. Yep, that's right our time here is up. I'm really sad to go because I love it here and I absolutely love our friends, but Ben has found an amazing opportunity in pharmaceutical sales. We're going to be moving about an hour south of where we are now to Gilbert, AZ. So I guess we won't be too far away, but it is still a big change for us. We'll be heading out there the end of August when our lease is up. With that said, I'll be living it up at the pool everyday until we have to leave this wonderful place!

Thanks to all the people we've met here. You have all been a big part of our lives and our growing family. We'll miss you!

3 comments:

  1. She is soo cute! I am going to miss y'all so bad. Roadtrip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are so stinkin cute! I can't believe how much baby girl has grown! Good luck with your move, I think you'll like that area!

    ReplyDelete