Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Long time!

I've been putting off posting because we just got a new camera . . . well, okay, like over a month ago. We've taken pictures, but haven't figured out how to download them yet. It's a mixture of laziness, computer incompetence, and just being plain old busy. So, here's an update with NO pictures. Sorry, the next one will have some. I promise it will be soon. I can't start slacking now!

Ben got his passport and is all set to go. As of now, he will be going to Peru without me because my passport hasn't come! I'm sure it will get here this week. I'm so excited. So, here is something really lame. I saw Ben's passport and he has this nice picture of himself smiling. I asked him, "What the heck? They let you smile?!" He looked at me like an idiot and said, "Of course, why not?" Here's why! The guy who took my picture was counting to three, I smiled, he stopped and said I couldn't smile, I laughed thinking that he was joking, he said, "no really I mean it. Don't smile", so I didn't smile, he took the picture, and I looked like an idiot who just took a mug shot!!! Now I have a lame-o passport picture that I have to keep for the next 10 years because some photo guy made up his own passport rules. Oh well!

My littlest brother Weston got his mission call. Wahoo! I'm so excited for him. He is leaving on July 14th for Cordoba, Argentina. He's excited to speak Spanish with my other two brothers and Ben.

Our little family had a wonderful Easter together. I was contemplating playing the Easter bunny for Ben and Braelyn, but that didn't happen. Ben LOVES junk food: sweets, fast food, soda, you name it. I was going to buy a bunch of Easter candy for him, but then I thought, "what are just the two of us going to do with all that candy?!" Plus Ben still had leftover candy from his mom. She sent a bunch of trial candies from the movie convention they went to in Vegas. It's like adult trick or treating. You go to all these vendors and they give you sample movie popcorn, drinks, nachos, etc. So I nixed the Easter bunny.

We hung out with some great friends of ours. They not only let us crash their Easter shin dig, but we also crashed their family Christmas right before Braelyn was born. Braelyn's little Easter outfit was so cute! Pictures to follow. It was a little white and blue summer jumpsuit. Loved it! She has this smile that just melts your heart. She is such a happy little girl now. I just want to squeeze her all the time. She still sticks out her tongue constantly, blows spit bubbles, and babbles cute little nothings.

I am so loving being a mom. It is so fulfilling and I adore every minute of it between 7 am and 10 pm. =) Thank goodness Ben switches off with night duty. We've gotten into a nice routine with Braelyn. She really is a great sleeper.

Anyway, this is a long update, but I don't want to forget what has been going on with our family. I really want Braelyn to be able to read this someday and know how much we love her, and all the exciting things that have been happening in our lives since we found her. What a blessing. Our little angel girl!

2 comments:

  1. Loved the update! Sorry about your passport picture...it IS kinda funny though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The passport rule is real! My old one I was smiling and my new one I couldn't either (I just had to get married and change my name.lol)...some rule with not being able to tell as easily who you are ...yeah pretty lame...I think I did picts a couple times because of it...Hard not to smile and look good...and like you James looks great in his because it was from his mission and then you could smile...:(

    Little Braelyn looks so pretty in her picts!

    ReplyDelete