Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Beginning of Baby's Room!

I love our baby girl's room so far! I spent all day doing the stencils on the wall. It took about 9 hours with breaks here and there to finish ONE wall! I'm only doing two walls, though, so it shouldn't be too bad. I just have to dedicate one more day. We're going crib and dresser shopping this weekend, and Ben is ecstatic about it. Okay, so that's a lie, but I'm going to have some fun. I'm thinking a dark brown for the crib and dresser. My friend Katie has a glider she is going to give me that I can use with our ottoman. I'm going to spray paint the glider ivory and then use sandpaper to give it the "distressed antique" look.





I love the Cinderella carriage! A friend of mine spotted it at an antique store over the weekend. It has a little opening where I can put burp cloths (isn't there a nicer sounding word for those?)and pacifiers.


Yay! It's coming along, and it will be ready in no time. That's good because literally we have almost no time. =) This is the perfect way to have a baby, though. I've never been the one for much patience!

7 comments:

  1. You must get your painting expertise from your mom. I guess this new little bundle of pink will be your princess in every sense of the word! Her room is precious-what a lucky little girl! So excited for you and Ben!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I LOVE The colors!! The wall looks amazing!! I'm really so happy for you guys. I wish we still lived close so we could meet your new addition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo pretty! ...but then again, you ALWAYS decorate so nicely. :) I imagine putting together the the room & buying all the baby gear must make it seem so real!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my holy cow! I LOVE the stenciling, it's soo pretty. You guys have one lucky little girl on the way, you're going to be awesome parents! I am so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I've seen a more beautiful nursery! Wow you are talented - I want to come over and see the real thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very excitng - I always wondered what it must be like to only have weeks to prepare for a baby - but then i realize most who are adopting have prepared their whole lives. I am really happy for you both - and that little girl is so lucky to have chosen you for her Mommy and Daddy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I already told you I loved the room last week, but it's so.... adorable, and it'll be perfect for your precious baby girl! I can't wait to meet her!!! It's all so miraculous!

    ReplyDelete