Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Beeeeach!

So I think we all remember how Braelyn used to say the word beach, let's just say it sounded like a curse word that I wouldn't want her saying in public! Luckily by the time we took our San Diego vacation we were able to shape up the word to sound like the real thing. And good thing because all week long it was, "beach beach beach!" Braelyn and I had such a blast hanging out with the Knueppel's and their family as Ben once again flew to the other side of the country for more job training. Braelyn and Drew sure are two peas from the same pod.

These two got a kick out of feeding the seagulls!

Braelyn was fixated on carrying around her little bucket and filling it with rocks. She probably would have done it all day if you let her.



This is how the majority of nap times went! There was no way to get them to sleep in the tents, so we would strap them in their car seats and drive away. Usually we nominated Bryan for this job so Katie and I could relax and read magazines. Aw the life of a beach bum!



We got to go to Sea World which was pretty amazing. I don't know how you get whales, dolphins, and seals to do the tricks they do. I have a hard enough time getting Sancho to stop barking!

They have a whole Sesame Street Land that Braelyn loved. She is crying in this picture not because she is afraid of the ride, but she is mad that it stopped. This girl loves rides! I had to take her on about 10 rides during the day. I thought I was going to barf by the time we rode the spinning teacups.

Braelyn was sooooo excited to see Elmo and Big Bird. She was even trying to cut in line to get to them faster. But of course the second we got up there, Braelyn freaked out just like the first time she met Santa.

I was impressed that Braelyn actually touched the sea star. She's pretty much a girly girl and doesn't like to get her hands dirty so this was a big accomplishment!



I'll have to say that Drew was quite the ladies man on the trip. Watch the sequence of events while we were riding on the train to Old Town . . .


. . . and I love that he is wearing his little muscle shirt as he's hitting on Braelyn. It's lookin' like she likes it though!



And last but not least, our vacation ended with a 28" pizza! Funny thing is that for some crazy reason we didn't think that it would be enough so we ordered another regular sized pizza (you can see it in the background). Haha! We had plenty of leftovers and it was delicious!

So our San Diego adventure was pretty much a huge success. We had so much fun and I am so glad to have such wonderful friends that let me crash their family vacations. Thank you!

1 comment: