Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Thanksgiving fun!

We started off the Thanksgiving season with . . . carving pumpkins! Yes, our poor little pumpkin never got carved in time for Halloween and I couldn't bear to waste it. Pumpkins are fun to carve no matter when you do it! Braelyn was definitely not a fan of the ooey gooeyness of it. It took her a while to warm up, which is kind of a habit nowadays. She is a lot more weary of things at first glance and then she slowly decides to be more friendly, hence the Santa Claus picture and the bounce house picture.




 This poor little face just cracks me up. "How could you put me in this bounce house mom?!"



We had our yearly "Feed the Homeless" lunch at my school this year. We fed close to 50 homeless people in our school parking lot. I love seeing our students have a change of attitude for a day by thinking outside of themselves and their own needs. This group right here really pulled together in the kitchen to provide all the food for the occasion. They deserve a round of applause!


Grandma Kaye, aunt Lauren and uncle Josh all came to spend Thanksgiving with us. Grandma took us to the zoo lights and Braelyn was mesmerized. We loved sharing this special time with our family.

If I actually got around to sending out Christmas cards this year, this would have been the shot. So, just close your eyes and imagine that this card came in the mail from the Gundersens. Happy Holidays with all our love. There you go, sending out Christmas cards = check!


Braleyn is just such a happy little stinker. I can't get enough of her. I'm proud to say that my little poopers finally has enough hair to put into pigtails. It's fun to play with the new dos.


What a ham bone! She loves her baths and now cries when you take her out. It used to be the opposite. She has to wear this little bowl on her head in the tub. She also plays peek a boo by putting her little hands on her cheeks. I hope she never learns the right way to play peek a boo because this is just too darn cute!

That smile just cracks me up!



We went to see the Mesa Temple lights with some good friends of ours and their adorable little boy. I think there is an arranged marriage in the works!

 Two little cuties!



I woke up to this sight one morning. I thought that someone had broken in and tried to steal presents from under the tree (which we don't have any) but come to find out our ghetto little tree just couldn't hold up to the weight of the ornaments. Who knows, I still bet some money on the fact that the Grinch is real and decided to pay a little visit to us before Christmas. Needless to say, the first time that I decide to put up a Christmas tree in five years it comes crashing down. Back to no tree . . .

We hope that everyone is enjoying the upcoming holidays. I truly love this time of year. It's a time to reflect on the blessings that I have and to acknowledge the people that I love and care about. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful little family. Ben is an amazing husband and father that works so hard to provide for our family. Our parents are so wonderful to have supported us in our choices and decisions these last few years together. Ben and I are coming up on our seven year anniversary, and I can't think of anyone else that I would have rather spent this time with. Most of all we are so thankful for Braelyn. She has enriched our lives so much. She has truly taught us how to love and be loved. I will never be able to show enough gratitude to Jana for bringing this heavenly spirit into our lives. We love you Jana and everything that you are. Braelyn loves you too. She will always know how much you love her!

Merry Christmas!

2 comments: